Monday, June 28, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

Yesterday I saw Michael Moore's movie "Fahrenheit 9/11." The theater was packed. Since it was a Sunday, I found mself wondering if I was the only Mormon in the audience. I believe the information in this documentary deserves a wide audience - especially among my fellow Utah Mormons, whom I believe to be politically naive and frightfully ignorant of the lies and horrors perpetrated by the Bush adminstration.

Mormon scripture (The Doctrine and Covenants) tells us that political candidates should be evaluated according to 3 criteria. The candidates we support should be good, wise, and honest. G.W. Bush overwhelmingly fails all three of these criteria. Yet, what are the chances that John Kerry will get Utah's electoral votes in the upcoming election?

No comments: